It's hard to believe that Popcorn - a snack food that tastes so good can actually be good for you! With suggestions from organizations such as the National Cancer Institute (NCI), the American Dental Association (ADA) and the American Dietetic Association (ADA), there's no doubt popcorn is a perfectly sensible snack to fit into any meal/fitness plan. Here’s why.
- Popcorn contains fiber, providing roughage the body needs in the daily diet.
- Popcorn is low in calories -- only 31-55 calories in one cup of unbuttered, and when lightly buttered, one cup still only has 133 calories.
- Popcorn has no artificial additives or preservatives, and is sugar-free.
- Popcorn contains energy-producing carbohydrates.
- Popcorn is ideal for between meal snacking since it satisfies and doesn't spoil an appetite.
- Popcorn inspires creativity.
While there's no doubt hot buttered popcorn is pleasing to any palate, popcorn also can be enjoyed when combined with seasonings, spices and other foods like raisins, fruit and cheese providing a nutritious, delicious snack. So, what are you waiting for, order Your Own Bucket of Really Good Popcorn today!
source - popcorn.org