- Arrange some snacks (like some, Caramel Corn with Pecans from ReallyGoodPopcorn) to enjoy while you’re making the garlands.
- Pop some popcorn (keep it plain without any butter or seasonings) Pour into a large bowl and allow it to cool.
- Pour the cranberries into a bowl (get rid of the ugly ones, too soft, or broken berries).
- Get some needles (1 per person) and thread each with heavy-duty thread (buttonhole, quiliting thread or fishing line) and pull until doubled.
- Knot the thread with a large knot.
- Thread one cranberry and pull/push to the end of the thread and knot the thread around it to create the “end” of your garland. Thread a kernel of popcorn, followed by a cranberry, or and alternate until the thread is full.
- Leave enough thread to tie a sturdy knot at the end of the line.
Be creative! Let each person create their own unique pattern.